Transcription Service Audio Categories
Confused about your transcription charges? Read on to get a clear estimate.
The audio recordings that you send to us are classified into 3 categories, based on the clarity of the audio. Our transcriptionists have categorized them on the basis of empirical knowhow:
Category - A
- Professionally Recorded
- Broadcast ready audio recordings
- No Background noise
- Neutral Accent
- Standard Turnaround
- No Time Stamping
- Standard Formatting specifications
- Verbatim Transcription
Category - B
- Audio recordings consisting of multiple speakers.
- Audio data about a technical subject
- Recordings with background noise
- Recordings with improper mike attachment
- Recorded with amateur recording devices
- Standard Time Stamping
- ESL Speakers (English as Second Language) speakers
- Client Specific Formatting
- Subjective Transcription
Category - C
- Multiple speakers with indiscernible voice overlapping
- Constant Background noise or music
- Tough Foreign Accent
- Detective Recordings
- Difficult formatting specifications (MS Excel, web browser based applications)
Pricing Category C Transcription Projects
Rate estimate for Category C can be had only after thorough assessment on the audio quality. Transcribing category C audio is the toughest job. It might take 3 to 4 times more effort compared to transcription projects that belong to other categories.
Transcription production head at Transcriptionsservice will communicate with clients personally about viability of taking up the work and expected quality of the transcripts. Pricing and the decision to pursue the project will be done based on client consent.